* Tax and Accounting Sites - www.taxsites.comSurfing accountants owe Professor Dennis Schmidt of the University of Northern Iowa a big "Thank you" for compiling this collection of tax and accounting links.
* Tax Analysts' Tax History Project - www.taxhistory.org
Tax Analysts' history project produced this fun and informative site detailing the history of American taxation. The site even has a poster archive where visitors can purchase historic tax propaganda posters.
* TaxMama - www.taxmama.com
Run by accountant Eva Rosenberg, the site is designed to help clients better understand their own tax issues and communicate with their tax professional. Besides a regular "Ask Tax Mama" feature, Rosenberg's site offers a weekly podcast, newsletters for tax professionals and clients, and archived articles.
* TaxPenalty.com - www.taxpenalty.com
This Web site takes advantage of the revised tax laws, which now allow businesses to challenge the way the Internal Revenue Service calculates deposit penalties. The site, developed by Time Value Software, offers alternative calculation models. Calculations and reports are free unless the site saves the taxpayer more than $250.
* The Tax Prophet - www.taxprophet.com/
With humor and more than a touch of whimsy, The Tax Prophet is a breath of fresh air among tax resources. The creation of Robert L. Sommers, who also pens a tax column for the San Francisco Examiner, the site has interactive applications, FAQs and publications.
* Tax News - www.tax-news.com/
Tax News has a worldwide network of correspondents and editors who offer the latest tax news with a focus on international taxation and tax-minimization techniques both on- and offshore.
* Uncle Fed's Tax Board - www.unclefed.com/
There's so much here it's tough to single anything out - suffice it to say Uncle Fed has amassed a huge quantity of great tax resources, including tax forms from all over, loads of IRS info, court rules, audit strategies, a job board, a tax pro locator, and much, much more.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access