With the integration, each auditing group can complete an individual evaluation of the subdivision that they reviewed, and share their data with each other using a common set of definitions stored in a shared repository. The new integrated product will share a database from which it will pull the financial data.
* EPICOR RELEASES NEW INTEGRATION PRODUCT: Epicor Software Corp., a provider of integration software for mid-market businesses, earlier this month released Vantage 8.0 - an ERP application designed for manufacturers.
The company said that the product can be used for multi-plant management, allowing firms to synchronize their manufacturing operations on a global basis.
Built on an N-Tier architecture system, the product combines Microsoft's .Net and Web Services technology. The new application aims at providing end-to-end services, from point of sale to delivery, for PC users in a make-to-order or mixed-mode enterprise. "One of the benefits we saw in Microsoft .Net technologies was the ability to build applications based on an SOA that have either a smart client, or a browser-based user interface, or both," said Paul Farrell, vice president of worldwide research and development for Epicor.
With an Outlook-style menu, right-click functionality and grid entry, the new product must be installed on a Windows 2003, 2000 or XP platform. The application can be used, however, on either a Linux or a Microsoft server. Created using Microsoft's Visual Studio .Net 2003, Vantage 8.0 can access any Microsoft-based smart client device, like a handheld bar code scanner.
* ITA SELECTS ILUMEN: The Information Technology Alliance, the nonprofit, membership-based IT association, has selected financial information provider iLumen's monitoring and benchmarking service to automate its annual benchmarking study. The iLumen service will enable ITA members to electronically submit financial and operating data and to view reports comparing their company with peer group averages. The ITA's membership consists of resellers, CPA firms, technology consultants and chief technology officers.
* STI DEBUTS VERSION 12 OF BILLING SUITE: Software Technology Inc., maker of Tabs3 and PracticeMaster legal software, has released Version 12 of its suite of billing, practice management and financial software products.
Highlights of Version 12 include a SnapShot for quick viewing of client and contact information, a new DropBox for collecting PDF versions of reports and statements, and enhanced e-mail that integrates with Outlook and pairs e-mails with clients and contacts.
* AICPA ENHANCES EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN AUDIT WEB SITE: The American Institute of CPAs has enhanced its Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Care Web site, http://ebpaqc.aicpa.org, for those of its members that are involved or interested in auditing employee benefits.
"The new site has a whole new look and feel to it," said Ian MacKay, director of federal government affairs and strategic alliances at the AICPA. "The search engine is a lot more powerful."
The enhanced portal will feature more content, a more thorough search engine where members can now look up other members by state as well as name, an archive of the center's e-alerts, an expanded forum for members only, and news on upcoming conferences.
One of the AICPA's three auditing centers, this center consists of 165 member firms. Individual employees from each of these firms must meet specific requirements before they are allowed to become members. The center, whose mission is to create a community for auditors interested in the benefits field, first launched its employee benefit plan auditing Web site in March 2004.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access