* CPA2BIZ ACHIEVES FIRST-TIME PROFITABILITY: CPA2Biz, the online marketing and technology portal for the American Institute of CPAs, posted year-end net income of $150,000 for the period ended July 31 - its first-ever profit since its inception just over four years ago. CPA2Biz executives said that the first-time profits were fueled by a combination of strong growth and a reduction in last year's depreciation expenses, which had hit $4 million. The portal had reported a loss of $3.14 million for its previous fiscal year. Revenue climbed nearly 8 percent, to $14.3 million, versus the year-ago results."Through focus and solid execution, we've been able to grow our customer base and revenues, while maintaining an appropriate cost structure moving the company to profitability," said CPA2Biz chief executive Erik Asgeirsson, in a statement.
The portal features such services as CPE and conferences, as well as payroll and banking via its Business Solutions Program.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access