UBCC ADDS FEATURES TO REAL-TIME ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL: Accounting and payroll software provider Universal Business Computing Co. has rolled out new features for its Real-Time Accounting & Payroll applications.The software now includes enhancements to its accounts payable, automatic billing generator, workers' compensation and payroll service bureau programs. Additionally, new data-importing and PDF file features have been added.
Among the changes:
* UBCC has rewritten its accounts payable program to include enhancements, such as the ability to send ACH payments, positive pay to a bank, hold payment on individual invoices and print the prior year's 1099 forms;
* In addition to allowing users to automatically invoice their clients, the automatic billing generator permits users to invoice for additional services while providing full details, or summary totals; and,
* New importing features make payroll set-up easier, allowing users to bring in or export data from a variety of formats.
For more information, go to www.ubcc.com.
TAXWARE EARNS CERTIFICATION FOR FLAGSHIP PRODUCTS: Taxware, a provider of tax calculation and compliance solutions, said that its flagship products - Taxware Enterprise and TaxSolver - have achieved certification from the states that are members of the Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board.
Taxware is the first company to gain both Certified Automated System and Certified Service Provider status - providing businesses with a choice in how they wish to deploy certified sales tax compliance technology. Both models protect businesses from liability through the use of state-supplied data and ongoing testing and recertification testing by state regulators.
Now that Taxware has achieved CAS certification, businesses can license, install and operate Taxware Enterprise and TaxSolver inside their firewalls. The products can offer users a new level of audit and liability protection to financial, accounting and ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle and Oracle's PeopleSoft.
SAGE ADDS SEVEN TO NATIONAL PARTNER PROGRAM: Accounting and financial software publisher Sage Software has added seven new resellers to its North American National Partner Program.
The following firms have been named members: Atlantic Software Alliance, Automated Accounting Solutions (K&R Consulting/M&M Sales), BCS-Prosoft, Delphia Consulting, Dynamic Software Solutions, JMT Consulting Group and NFP Consultants. Sage said that the new partners carry Sage MAS 90, Sage MAS 200, Sage MAS 500, Sage Accpac, Sage BusinessWorks, Sage CRM Saleslogix, Sage Abra, Sage FAS, Sage Timberline and Sage MIP products.
Each member of the Sage Software National Partner Program has a minimum of three offices, with sales, consulting and support personnel in each location. The seven new firms join existing partners BDO Seidman LLP, Blytheco, Clifton Gunderson LLP, RSM McGladrey and the Nextec Group.
CASEWARE RELEASES IDEA V. SEVEN: CaseWare Idea Inc., the developer and marketer of Idea, unveiled the simultaneous release of Idea Version Seven, along with updated optional components - Idea Server, Idea Smart Analyzer and CaseWare Examiner - and Idea Express.
The Idea suite offers advanced data analysis software available to auditors, accountants and financial managers.
The optional components include:
* Caseware Idea Server, which provides enterprise-level data analysis with the ability to process large data files while maintaining the Idea interface. Idea Server is fully scalable in a fault-tolerant and load-balanced environment.
* Idea Smart Analyzer, which is a collection of basic audit tests and reports that can be run by any auditor with a minimum amount of training, enabling firms and audit departments to deploy standard test suites.
* CaseWare Examiner, which gives users the power to sift through network event logs to extract entries that may have a security impact.
Idea Express, a low-cost alternative, has all of Idea's basic functions and features and can quickly process files up to five times larger than traditional spreadsheet software.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access