It's a new year. We've got a new logo. We've got a new tagline.
The Accounting Tomorrow blog (www.acccountingtomorrow.com) is zipping right along. You know we always look for those offbeat stories - for example, did anyone else pick up on the fact that Naurice White, an accounting major in Georgia, won the lottery? White bought a ticket at a Citgo Food Mart in Jonesboro where she lives and ended up winning $208,519.
We think that's pretty cool!
Also check out the stories of two interns from New Jersey's WithumSmith+ Brown. If college is where students put their feet in the water, an internship is a jump into the shallow end of the pool. Don't believe me? Just ask Christina Freeland and Jack Mans, two staff accountants, about their first tax season.
Still want more Tomorrow? Try this:
* Gilbert Lawand, a self-employed CPA and former Ernst & Young manager, was named the South's Funniest Accountant in November. He was one of eight contestants in a September competition chosen to participate in a "comedy boot camp" on October to hone their routines. Lawand won an all-expenses-paid trip for two to Las Vegas.
* More than 40 teams comprised of nearly 200 students from colleges and universities nationwide answered KPMG's call to make their campuses greener through its first annual Living Green Case Competition, where students submitted recommendations for addressing issues raised on their school's green "report card." A team from the University of California-Berkeley won the grand prize of $3,000 for its idea to institute a recycling program for games held at the basketball arena to raise awareness around waste.
Keep us posted on your firm developments, and if you've got any ideas for stories, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access