Several top accounting firms made Fortune Magazine's recently released 2011 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
The list, which is created by Fortune and the Great Place to Work Institute, is based on extensive surveys of employees, and on the individual companies' HR policies.
The accounting firms on this year's list included:
• Plante & Moran, No. 26 (up from No. 66 last year)
• Deloitte, No. 63 (up from No. 70)
• PwC, No. 73 (down from No. 71)
• Ernst & Young, No. 77 (down from No. 44)
• KPMG, No. 86 (up from No. 88)
Also on the list was tax and accounting software vendor Intuit, at No. 44.
The list was released last Friday, Jan. 21. To celebrate, the CEOs of several of the Best Companies, the Great Place to Work Institute and Fortune rang the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Joining them was KPMG chairman and CEO John Veihmeyer (see picture below), whose firm has been on the list for five consecutive years, and rose two places on the 2011 list.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access