The Virginia Society of CPAs has named Stephanie R. Peters as its new president and chief executive.
Peters has worked at the society for the past 10 years, most recently as the group’s executive vice president. The organization’s former president and chief executive, Thomas M. Berry Jr., retired on April 30 after serving in the post for 30 years.
Prior to serving as executive vice president, Peters held the VSCPA government relations manager position, where she worked on state and national professional issues, served as liaison with the Virginia Board of Accountancy, and was actively involved in the drafting, lobbying and passage of Virginia’s Accountancy Reform Act.
A certified association executive, Peters sits on the board of directors of the Virginia Society of Association Executives and is an active member of the American Society of Association Executives.
The VSCPA also announced a handful of staff appointments:
- Maureen Dingus has rejoined the VSCPA as executive vice president. She left the organization five years ago, after having served as vice president for eight years;
- Tina Lambert was promoted to vice president of member and public relations. She has worked at the VSCPA for seven years, previously serving as communications and public relations director;
- Amy Parker was promoted to vice president of strategy and development. She has worked at the VSCPA for 13 years, previously serving as strategy and development director;
- Bill Heisey was promoted to chief financial officer. He has worked at the VSCPA for three years, previously serving as controller; and,
- Jennifer Harris was promoted to marketing director. Harris has worked at the VSCPA for more than two years as the society’s senior marketing consultant.
The VSCPA has approximately 8,100 members.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access