* Electronic IRS - www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=151880,00.html?portlet=2Launched on the 20th anniversary of E-file, the new section of the Internal Revenue Service's Web site gathers all of its electronic filing options in one place. For preparers, the site lets you register for IRS e-services, submit inquiries on tax issues, or obtain a preparer tax identification number, among a number of other tasks.
* IRS Forms - www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html?portlet=3
Need an IRS form or publication? You can download them here, but first, you will need a viewer. You can download Adobe's Acrobat Reader by visiting the Adobe home page at www.adobe.com.
* IRS Small Business/Self-Employed Section - www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html
The Small Business/Self-Employed Section of the IRS site includes a number of free online resources to help small business and self-employed taxpayers with their tax responsibilities. Offerings include an online classroom with self-directed workshops for small business owners, and information on topics including employer ID numbers, employment taxes, and how to recognize and avoid tax scams.
* IRS 'Tax Stats' - www.irs.gov/taxstats
The revamped Tax Stats page includes a wealth of statistical information on individuals, businesses, charities and IRS operations organized by category, making it easy to find the data you want.
* Social Security Employer Reporting Instructions - www.ssa.gov/employer/
This primer by the Social Security Administration for employers on how to file W-2 wage and tax statements will be second nature to most tax professionals, but its easy-to-read click-through format should make it a handy back-up tool.
* Taxpayer Advocacy Panel - www.improveirs.org/
The TAP is comprised of citizen volunteers from around the country who convene on a regular basis and help the IRS develop strategies to improve its customer service and satisfaction levels.
* The United States Tax Court - www.ustaxcourt.gov/
Issued opinions from the U.S. Tax Court dating back to 1999 are easily accessible from the site, which also includes forms, fee schedules and case timetables to visitors through a very easy-to-use interface.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access