* ElderLawAnswers - www.elderlawanswers.com/The site includes information on estate planning, wills, trusts, long-term care, Medicaid, Medicare and other legal issues facing seniors; elder law news and features on elder law attorneys; frequently asked questions; a referral system for finding elder law attorneys; and a forum for communicating with others facing elder law and elder care issues.
* FindLaw.com - www.findlaw.com/
Want to get some background info before the meter starts running on your attorney's billable hours? Thomson Corp.'s FindLaw is the highest-trafficked legal Web site, providing resources such as online search engines, cases and codes, legal news, and an online career center, as well as a wide range of newsletters and message boards.
* Internet Law Library - www.lawguru.com/index.php
This site, originally a service of the U.S. House of Representatives' Law Revision Counsel, offers all sorts of legal information, forms and court decisions.
* Nolo - www.nolo.com/
A law site including FAQs on IRS audits, tax cheaters and protestors, and small-business taxes. The site's mission is to provide do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. Nolo has been offering plain-English books, forms and software on a wide range of legal issues since 1971.
* Stanford Law School Securities Class Action Clearinghouse - http://securities.stanford.edu/index.html
The Securities Class Action Clearinghouse provides detailed information on federal class-action securities fraud litigation. The clearinghouse maintains an index of filings of more than 2,000 issuers that have been named in federal class-action securities fraud lawsuits since 1995, as well as a Top Ten List of the largest year-to-date settlements of post-reform act lawsuits over $100 million.
* The U.S. Tax Court - www.ustaxcourt.gov/
Issued opinions from the U.S. Tax Court dating back to 1999 are easily accessible from this site, which also includes forms, fee schedules and case timetables for visitors through a very easy-to-use interface.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access