AffordableSchools.net, an online resource focusing on affordable higher education institutes and academic programs, recently announced their ranking of the 25 Most Affordable Online Master's of Accounting Degrees.
American Public University System (Charles Town, W. Va.) was placed first, with the University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Lowell, Mass.) and Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, Utah) taking second and third, respectively.
"With proposed changes such as a switch from the U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) to IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) in play for leases, having advanced skills in accounting opens up career opportunities," stated the article's researcher, Raj Dash. "The fact is, there are some critical or at least very important, possibly lesser-known accounting roles beyond the arguably more well-known CPA and CMA designations...[and] advanced skills require an advanced degree. A master's degree in accounting supplements an existing bachelor's in accounting, and choosing an online program adds convenience for a currently working professional."
AffordableSchools.net's 25 Most Affordable Online Master's in Accounting, in alphabetical order, are as follows:
- American Public University System (Charles Town, W. Va.)
- Baker College (Flint, Mich.)
- Bellevue University (Bellevue, Neb.)
- Brenau University (Gainesville, Ga.)
- California Baptist University (Riverside, Calif.)
- Concordia University-Wisconsin (Mequon, Wis.)
- Davenport University (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Friends University (Wichita, Kan.)
- Gardner-Webb University (Boiling Springs, N.C.)
- Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion (Marion, Ind.)
- Liberty University (Lynchburg, Va.)
- National University (La Jolla, Calif.)
- Post University (Waterbury, Conn.)
- Regis University (Denver, Colo.)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (Standish, Maine)
- Saint Leo University (Saint Leo, Fla.)
- University of Hartford (West Hartford, Conn.)
- University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Md.)
- University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Lowell, Mass.)
- University of Scranton (Scranton, Pa.)
- Walden University (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Western International University (Tempe, Ariz.)
- Wilmington University (New Castle, Del.)
Rankings were compiled using data from the NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education. Factors included master's degrees provided on a distance basis, out-of-state tuition, certificate-only colleges, and active online master’s degree programs.
For the full ranking, head to AffordableSchools.net here.