It’s one of my favorite weeks of the year! And this year I’m lucky; it’s in Chicago, my hometown. How cool is that? So, of course, I invited everyone!
From impressive celebrity speakers, to new accounting tech, to invaluable time spent with our New Vision customers - what’s not to love?
Here’s the rundown of my first day at #SageSummit:
1. Listened to Sir Richard Branson of Virgin fame be interviewed by Stephen Kelly, CEO of Sage.
2. Watched the Invictus Games recap sponsored by the year-old Sage Foundation. Heard about their commitment to giving back and felt inspired all over again when Laura Wright came on stage to sing the event’s theme song.
3. Interviewed Marc Scheipe, president of Sage North America and Santiago Solanus, group chief marketing officer of Sage, (#wild) for my radio show with Liz Gold, Let’s Get Radical on VoiceAmerica. Stay tuned for our two part series on Sage Summit, hitting the air on August 2 and 9.
4. Heard from my customers and team about what a great day they had (30+ New Vision customers and four team members attended).
5. Received feedback from one of the people I respect the most, that my session on the new accounting firm model was great, while offering me a couple of tweaks to improve it.
6. Found a new bestie! Her name is Pegg and she is a bot like Siri. She does accounting from your chat app. Yes, accounting from your Facebook messenger. Hello, social business! Haven’t I mentioned this before?
7. Heard my newest Millennial team member get all excited about sessions, saying, “I almost went to a really interesting one, and then I realized it was you!” LOL. I love watching the awe of the world beyond our office.
8. Heard from economist Daniel Susskind about how technology is going to change our profession. I already knew that, but it was interesting to hear it from an economic scholar with the data prove it.
9. Had the opportunity to catch up with my accounting professional friends and all the Sage team members who I work with on the regular.
Jody Padar, CPA, MST, is the chief executive officer and principal at New Vision CPA Group and the author of The Radical CPA.