[IMGCAP(1)]Dean Dorton Allen Ford, a full-service accounting and consulting firm headquartered in Lexington, Ky., announced this week that Paula Hanson, director of tax services at the firm, has been honored with the Martha Layne Collins Leadership Award for 2016. The award looks to recognize Kentucky women of achievement who inspire other women of the state through their personal and professional lives.
Hanson will receive the award at Women Leading Kentucky’s 17th annual Women’s Business and Leadership Conference next month in Lexington.
“Paula Hanson is much more than just a partner working at a regional accounting firm," said David Bundy, Dean Dorton president and CEO, in a statement. "She works tirelessly both as a dedicated business advisor to her clients as well as an enthusiastic and effective member of the community around her. She embodies the true spirit of leadership and philanthropy. Her passion to serve the clients and the community along with the will to make a difference is a truly unique quality. Paula is certainly a role model for her friends, family, and community.”
In addition to her tax planning and estate planning
- University of Kentucky Athletics Committee, member
- University of Kentucky School of Accountancy Advisory Council
- American Heart Association, board of directors
- Leadership Kentucky, board of directors
- Women Leading Kentucky, advisory board member
- The Fund for Transforming Education in Kentucky, board of directors
- Commerce Lexington, past chairman of the board, current board member
- Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, past treasurer of board of directors
- United Way, past chairman
- Junior Achievement, past president
- Lexington Forum, past president
- YMCA Metro Board, past treasurer
- Governor’s Scholars Program, past treasurer
- Leadership Kentucky, Class of 1995
The Martha Layne Collins Leadership Award was created in 1999 and first presented to former governor Martha Layne Collins for her contributions to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Women across the state are nominated each year to receive the award, with an appointed committee reviewing each application to gauge nominee's contributions to her profession and community.
For more on the Layne Collins Leadership Award, head to Women Leading Kentucky's site here.