Roadmap to tax season
With October 15 behind them, accountants and tax professionals can start planning for the end of the year and the long road to April 15. This session will help help them jumpstart their tax planning practice with more strategic services for clients. It will cover the top five changes from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Acts of 2017 that many overlooked last year, and how they may impact year-end planning now, with the goal of significantly reducing clients’ taxes, increasing both client satisfaction and firm revenues.
Topics will include:
- Approaches often overlooked in utilizing the 20 percent pass-through deduction
- How to use Section 1202 to eliminate gain on the sale of a business even if the client is currently an S corporation
- How to maximize the use of real estate bonus depreciation deductions
- How to avoid the interest limitation rules for clients
- Why purchasing an automobile may be a better option for a tax deduction