The American Society of Women Accountants and American Woman’s Society of CPAs announced the 2012 Accounting MOVE Project list of Best Public Accounting Firms For Women.
The 10 finalists were drawn from the 29 that participated in the third cycle of the benchmarking MOVE Project after being ranked on “range, depth and success of programs and workplace culture proven to remove barriers to women’s success, especially at the midlevel and above.”
The firms were scored using the trademarked MOVE parity scale, based on four factors: Money, Opportunity, Vital supports for work/life and Entrepreneurship. This year’s list, according to sponsoring associations ASWA and AWCPA, reflected innovation in blending professional development and philanthropy.
The 2012 list of firms, in alphabetical order:
- Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, Chicago
- Hood & Strong, San Francisco
- J.H. Cohn LLP, New York
- Johanson & Yau Accountancy Corporation, San Jose, Calif.
- Jones & Roth CPAs and Business Advisors, Eugene, Ore.
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Sarasota, Fla.
- Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP, Minneapolis
- Moss Adams LLP, Seattle
- Plante Moran, Southfield, Mich.
- Rothstein Kass & Co., Roseland, N.J.
More information about the list methodology, and details about every firm finalist’s winning programs and statistics, is available here.