As the current school year gets underway, it's worth noting which colleges stand out among their peers in the accounting field. College Factual, a site dedicated to assisting prospective college students, has released this year's top 10 schools for accounting. Did your school make the cut?
1. Bentley University (Waltham, Mass.)
2. University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame, Ind.)
3. Bryant University (Smithfield, R.I.)
4. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, Ill.)
5. University of Southern California (Los Angeles, Calif.)
6. Boston College (Chestnut Hill, Mass.)
7. CUNY Bernard M. Baruch College (New York, N.Y.)
8. New York University (New York, N.Y.)
9. Villanova University (Villanova, Penn.)
10. SUNY Binghamton (Vestel, N.Y.)
It may not come as much of a surprise that Bentley ranks No. 1; the University was founded as an accounting school all the way back in 1917, after all. Notre Dame and Bryant also rank high due to a well-rounded program that prepares students for the finance and business world in addition to their accounting programs.