Last Friday saw nearly 200 interns at Protiviti participate in the firm's second annual U.S. Intern Day of Service. Protiviti's interns, joined by nearly 700 of the firm's employees, volunteered in 25 cities concurrently for not-for-profit organizations including: Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, Ronald McDonald House, Meals on Wheels, among several others.
Volunteer events took place in the following cities where Protiviti holds offices: Atlanta; Baltimore; Boston; Charlotte, Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Dallas; Ft. Lauderdale; Houston; Indianapolis; Kansas City; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; New York; Orlando; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Pittsburgh; Salt Lake City; San Francisco; Seattle; St. Louis; Tampa; Washington, D.C.
Some Protiviti Intern Day of Service projects included:
- In Baltimore, interns planted and pruned at The Maryland Zoo for Wild Weed Out
- Interns from the Los Angeles office held a beach clean-up by picking up trash at Venice Beach
- Interns from Protiviti's Cincinnati office worked with Habitat for Humanity and assisted in building a house for a local family in need
- In New York, interns assisted Meals on Wheels by delivering meals to the elderly
- Interns in St. Louis made blankets for children in the St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Volunteers in 10 cities across the U.S. packed meals for a variety of not-for-profit organizations as part of Protiviti's 'i on Hunger' initiative
Protiviti's Intern Day of Service remains a key component of its summer internship program. The inclusion of interns in Protiviti's company-wide community initiatives aims to have them understand the firm's fundamental values and culture, while also giving them the opportunity to give back to the community.
Protiviti was recently named to the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials list, which recognizes U.S. companies with exceptional workplace cultures, talent development and opportunities for millennials. In 2014, Protiviti's inaugural Intern Day of Service was honored with Consulting magazine's Excellence in Social & Community Investment Award, which honors the positive impact consulting firms make in social and community causes.
For more on Protiviti, head to their site here.