The Ohio CPA Foundation, charitable affiliate of the Ohio Society of CPAs, has awarded $40,000 in scholarships to 20 accounting majors in the state.
Scholarships are awarded to students who are accounting majors enrolled at an NCA and/or AACSB accredited Ohio college or university, maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher (overall or in accounting), and are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program planning to obtain the 150 semester hours required for the CPA exam.
The recipients of the $2,000 scholarships were selected by the foundation’s statewide scholarship committee of OSCPA members from more than 100 applicants.
“We received a record number of applications this year which really speaks to the need for scholarship programs like this,” stated Karen West, executive director of the Ohio CPA Foundation. “It’s rewarding to know that the foundation is helping each of these students on their path to graduation and to reach their ultimate goal of becoming a CPA.”
The Ohio CPA Foundation scholarship recipients, along with their hometown and school, are:
• Joyce Badertscher, Apple Creek, Ashland University
• John Erickson, Defiance, The Ohio State University
• Jesse Fronk, Maumee, University of Toledo
• Todd Fry, Perrysburg, University of Toledo
• Mary Haydu, Eastlake, Franklin University
• Grant Joslin, Kings Mills, The Ohio State University
• Eun Jung, North Olmsted, Cleveland State University
• Chui Fung (June) Lim, Mason, Xavier University
• Jared May, Canton, The University of Akron
• Michael Mellott, Mack, Miami University
• Tyler Noel, Morrow, University of Cincinnati
• Stephanie Poeppelman, Westlake, The Ohio State University
• Yuka Sakumoto, Cincinnati, University of Cincinnati
• Timothy Schloz, Toledo, University of Toledo
• Daniel Schwarz, Cincinnati, Miami University
• Laura Simko, Strongsville, University of Dayton
• John Wells, Cincinnati, University of Cincinnati
• Mabel Wu, Mayfield Heights, The Ohio State University
• Brandon Yanak, Parma, Wright State University
• Jacob Zureich, Sylvania, University of Toledo
If you have already registered to Accounting Tomorrow, please use the form below to login. When completed you will immeditely be directed to post a comment.
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.