All Accounting Today articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, podcasts, blog discussions, and conference discounts. Registered members may also choose to receive our exclusive Tax Pro Today e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders and developing trends.
The following is a short story I distribute to my beginning undergraduate accounting students and those graduate students who are finishing their master’s degrees. It is intended to stimulate their reading comprehension and ignite their critical thinking as to how numbers play such an important role in business as in life. It was influenced by a sermon a priest delivered many years ago at a service I once attended:
Get access to this article and thousands more...
Register now for FREE site access and more
- IRS Shuts Down Electronic Filing PIN Service
- CFOs desire more strategic-thinking skills in accounting and finance professionals, survey finds
- Push to Impeach IRS Chief Koskinen Stirs Scholars' Disagreement
- IRS Warns of New Scam Involving Bogus Student Tax
- Boost Client Financial Literacy and Loyalty to Your Accounting Firm