The MOVE Project, billed as "the profession’s only annual benchmark of the status of women in the leadership pipeline," found that women make up 28% of partners in their highlighted firms, compared to 24% of other firms polled in their 2017 survey.
"Innovative firms are finding that they win new clients when they clear the way for senior women to open new offices and new lines of business designed around workplace flexibility and collaborative growth strategies,” stated Joanne Cleaver, president of Wilson-Taylor Associates, the firm who manages the MOVE Project.
The dozen Best Accounting Firms for Women were to all meet a criteria of "consistent, measurable progress in advancing women to leadership, proven and continually evolving programs that retain and advance women, [and] clear and compelling integration of the business case for advancing women with business results."
This year's list honored, in alphabetical order:
- BeachFleischman (Tucson, Ariz.)
- The Bonadio Group (Pittsford, N.Y.)
- Brown Smith Wallace (St. Louis, Mo.)
- BPM LLP (formerly Burr Pilger Mayer) (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Clark Nuber (Bellevue, Wash.)
- CohnReznick (New York City, N.Y.)
- Frazier & Deeter (Atlanta, Ga.)
- MCM CPAs and Advisors (Louisville, Ky.)
- Moss Adams (Seattle, Wash.)
- Plante Moran (Southfield, Mich.)
- Novogradac (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Rehmann (Troy, Mich.)
The Accounting MOVE Project also named their "Equity Leadership Firms," wherein firms house at least 50 staff members and see women comprise at least 30% of their partners and principals. They are, in order of percentage of current women partners:
- DZH Phillips (San Francisco, Calif.): 70%
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co. (Sarasota, Fla.): 64%
- KWC Certified Public Accountants (Alexandria, Va.): 60%
- CS&L (Bradenton, Fla.): 50%
- Johanson & Yau (San Jose, Calif.): 50%
- HBE Becker Meyer Love (Lincoln, Neb.): 44.4%
- Hood & Strong (San Francisco, Ca;of/): 42.9%
- Lurie (Minneapolis, Minn.): 33.3%
- Jones & Roth (Eugene, Ore.): 33%
For more information on this year's highlighted firms and the Accounting MOVE Project, head to AFWA's site here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access