Once a staff member has met your reward criteria, and you've picked the reward that's most appropriate to them, you still need to present it.
Striking a note of sincere appreciation is crucial - fake that, and you're halfway there. The other half is the setting of the presentation and the announcement. Some options:
* At a morning staff meeting, with coffee and donuts;
* Set aside a section of regularly scheduled weekly, monthly or yearly meetings to recognize staff;
* For more significant rewards, arrange a staff lunch or dinner;
* For the self-conscious or shy, consider rewarding them in private, but publicizing their achievement in a firm-wide e-mail or memo.
Source: Sandra L. Wiley, Boomer Consulting. www.boomer.com
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access