AFWA names 2018 'Women Who Count'
The Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance announced the recipients of its 2018 Women Who Count Awards at its annual Women Who Count Awards Lunch, held Oct. 30, 2018 in Kansas City, Mo.
This year’s recipients were chosen as "outstanding women who exemplify AFWA’s core values in career and life, and set a positive example for other women in the accounting and finance industries," according to the Alliance.
“These women are not only successful in their own right, but they are pulling up the women behind them to ensure their success as well," stated AFWA national president Karyn Hartke. "That is what AFWA is about. I am incredibly proud to have these amazing women in our AFWA network, and proud to recognize them with these awards."
AFWA's 2018 Women Who Count recipients are:
- Academic Professional: Dr. Deborah Seifert, chair of the Department of Accounting, Illinois State University, Normal, Ill.
- Emerging Leader: Lindsey Barth, accounting manager, BriovaRx Infusion Services, Kansas City, Mo.
- Industry Professional: Sharada Bhansali, co-founder, AccountantsWorld, Hauppauge, N.Y.
- Public Practice Professional: Kay Gotshall, tax senior manager, Keiter, Glen Allen, Va.
- Small Business Professional: Kathryn Schrader, founder, Eaton Tax & Business Services, Knoxville, Tenn.
For more on AFWA, head to their site here.