AICPA names 2018 'Standing Ovation' recipients
The American Institute of CPAs announced on Tuesday that 26 young CPAs have received the 2018 Forensic and Valuation Services Standing Ovation award for contributing to both their specialty areas in accounting and to their local communities. Recipients, who are 40 years old or younger, were honored at the 2018 AICPA FVS Conference in Atlanta.
“The CPAs receiving ‘Standing Ovation’ honors at this year’s FVS Conference are helping to move the profession in a positive direction,” stated Jeannette Koger, vice president of advisory services and credentialing for the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants. “From serving as mentors and leading recruiting efforts within firms to guest speaking at universities and participating in mock trials at law schools, this year’s Standing Ovation honorees have helped the profession and their communities in a number of different ways.”
All of this year’s Standing Ovation honorees hold the Certified in Financial Forensics or Accredited in Business Valuation specialty credential, with over a quarter of recipients holding both.
The 2018 FVS Standing Ovation recipients, in alphabetical order, are:
- Kyle Andersen, Kotzin Valuation Partners, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Chris Anderson, Adams Capital, Denver, Colo.
- Mark Anderson, Norman, Townsend & Johnson, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Joshua Azran, Azran Financial, Encino, Calif.
- Andrew Bailey, Crow Shields Bailey, Mobile, Ala.
- Bassem Banafa, Bassem Banafa, San Francisco, Calif.
- James Beindorf, Offutt Barton Schlitt, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Andrew Blank, Wipfli, Chicago, Ill.
- Alexander Calderone, Calderone Advisory Group, Birmingham, Mich.
- Karolina Calhoun, Mercer Capital, Memphis, Tenn.
- Robert Carter, Hertzbach & Company, Owings Mills, Md.
- David Golbahar, Brandlin & Associates, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Andrew Gust, AlixPartners, Chicago, Ill.
- Jessica Huebner, Berkeley Research Group, Tampa, Fla.
- Jessica Iennarella, HSNO Accountants, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Sean Kennedy, RSM US, Kansas City, Mo.
- Evan Kilbourne, Rugeti & Associates, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
- Michael Kritsmar, Wipfli, Chicago, Ill.
- Bradley Mihm, CliftonLarsonAllen, West Des Moines, Iowa
- Eli Neal, CFF, Cogence Group, Portland, Ore.
- Tyler Pennington, Kotzin Valuation Partners, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Jillian Rose, FTI Consulting, Washington, D.C.
- Theodore Stafford, AlixPartners, Dallas, Texas
- Christopher Wailand, Piper Hawkins & Company, Sarasota, Fla.
- Brad Wilson, StoneTurn Group, Boston, Mass.
- Ruben Yeriazarian, Briggs & Veselka Co., Houston, Texas
For more on the Standing Ovation award, head to the AICPA's site here.