The American Institute of CPAs has released two exposure drafts, one tackling standards for attestation engagements, another amendments to auditing standards.
The AICPA's Auditing Standards Board issued the exposure draft of a proposed statement on standards for attestation engagements entitled, "SSAE Hierarchy."
The proposed statement:
- Identifies the body of attest literature;
- Clarifies the authority of attest publications issued by the AICPA and others;
- Specifies which attest publications the practitioner must comply with and those they should be aware of when conducting an attest engagement; and,
- Amends the 11 attestation standards to conform them with the use of terms established in SSAE No. 13, "Defining Professional Requirements in Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements."
The AICPA's Auditing Standards Board has issued an exposure draft of a proposed statement on auditing standards entitled, " Omnibus 2006 ."The document includes proposed revisions to existing standards that have been accumulated over a period of time. Those include:
- SAS No. 102, " Defining Professional Requirements in Statements on Auditing Standards;"
- SAS No. 103, "Audit Documentation;"
- SAS No. 105, "Amendment to Statement on Auditing Standards No. 95;"
- SAS No. 109, "Understanding the Entity and Its Environment and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement;" and,
- SAS No. 110, "Performing Procedures in Response to Assessed Risks and Evaluating the Audit Evidence Obtained."
Comments on both of the exposure drafts should be sent to email@example.com by Sept. 15. The full attestation engagement draft is available at www.aicpa.org/download/members/div/auditstd/finalEDSSAEHierarchy.pdf. The omnibus draft is available at www.aicpa.org/download/members/div/auditstd/final_ED_SAS_Omnibus_2006.pdf .
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access