Along with an acquisition in Colorado announced in early May, BKD LLP said that moves taking effect in May and June will translate into approximately 60 new employees and an additional $10 million in revenues.
Effective June 1, BKD will gain a new office in Oklahoma City, the former firm of Lisle Compton Cole & Almen LLP, and combine with the former Gaither Rutherford & Co. LLP in Evansville, Ind. Terms of the mergers were not disclosed, and both firms will operate under the BKD name.
Deals completed in May include BKD's acquisition of Grant Thornton LLP's Colorado Springs practice. Additionally, the firm said that nine health care consultants, including two partners, had been added to BKD's Louisville, Ky., office. Firm-wide, 11 new partners and principals were elected during the month, and there were 47 manager-level promotions.
Among the personnel moves:
- Joining the BKD Health Care Group as partners in the Louisville office are David C. Kottak and David E. Tate. The nine new consultants bring expertise with urban and rural hospitals and health care systems, skilled nursing facilities, managed care organizations and hospital-physician joint ventures.
- The Oklahoma combination will create a practice with personnel in Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Enid totaling 100. Todd J. Lisle, Kim W. Shoemake and R. Brett Cole will join BKD as partners. Lisle Compton operates in the financial services niche and serves clients in a wide variety of industries.
- In Evansville, Gaither Rutherford's Tim R. Deisher, Steve F. Farrell, Mark R. Schiff and John L. Wright will join BKD as partners. The majority of Gaither Rutherford employees will transfer to BKD, creating a practice with personnel totaling 150 and revenues exceeding $25 million in southern Indiana and Kentucky.
BKD ranked No. 12 on Accounting Today's 2006 list of Top 100 Firms, with revenues of $258.7 million.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access