* MONMOUTH RETAINS REZNICK: Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corp., a real estate investment trust, has hired Reznick Group as its independent accountant, replacing Big Four firm KPMG.
In a federal filing, the company said that the change in auditors was approved by its audit committee.
Monmouth said that it didn't have disagreements over accounting matters with KPMG for the two fiscal years ended Sept. 30, 2004, and through July 1, 2005.
It added that its audit reports didn't contain an adverse opinion or disclaimer of opinion, and weren't qualified or modified as to uncertainty, audit scope or accounting principles.
* DEL GLOBAL JETTISONS DELOITTE: Del Global Technologies Corp., a marketer and manufacturer of imaging and diagnostic systems, dismissed Big Four firm Deloitte & Touche LLP as its auditor and engaged BDO Seidman as its replacement. An 8-K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission did not give a reason for Deloitte's dismissal.
Del Global Technologies said that it had no disagreements with Deloitte & Touche on any matter of accounting principles or practices, financial statement disclosure, or auditing scope or procedure during the fiscal years 2003 and 2004, and through April 30, 2005.
* MERGER CHANGES HEPALIFE'S AUDITOR: HepaLife Technologies Inc., a biotechnology concern that develops products to detect liver toxicity, said that its auditor, Moore Stevens Ellis Foster Ltd., has merged into Big Four firm Ernst & Young, and that that action has subsequently made E&Y the company's new auditor.
In a federal filing, HepaLife said that Moore Stevens' report on the company's financials for the year ended Dec. 31 was modified to indicate that there was doubt about the company's ability to continue as a going concern.
* KPMG DECLINES ECOLLEGE AUDITOR RE-ELECTION: Big Four firm KPMG declined to stand for re-election as auditor for online learning support provider ECollege.com. An SEC filing did not give a reason for KPMG's declination. ECollege.com said that there were no major disagreements with KPMG on any matter of accounting principles or practices.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access