The Deloitte Foundation, a not-for-profit arm of Deloitte & Touche, announced the 2007 recipients of fellowship grants through the organization’s doctoral fellowship program.
Grants totaling $250,000 will be awarded to 10 doctoral students in accounting. More than 900 scholars have received financial support since the program was founded more than 50 years ago.
The national program invites applications from nearly 100 universities and students are nominated by faculty as among the most outstanding accounting students pursing a doctoral degree. Recipients were chosen by a selection committee composed of a trio of professor -- Mark DeFond of the University of Southern California, Jane Kennedy of the University of Washington and Edward Maydew of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The following are the 2007 recipients:
- Michael S. Drake ofTexas A&M University;
- Pingyang Gao of Yale University;
- Pepa Kraft of the University of Chicago;
- Lian Fen Lee of the University of Michigan;
- Richard D. Mergenthaler of the University of Washington;
- James P. Naughton of Harvard University;
- Jeffrey Ng of the University of Pennsylvania;
- Jeri K. Seidman of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology;
- Nathaniel M. Stephens of the University of Arizona; and,
- Rong Zhao of the University of Iowa.
Each of the fellows will receive $5,000 during their final year of coursework and another $20,000 during the subsequent year of completing a dissertation.Deloitte also announced that about 60 financial accounting and auditing professors will gather in Scottsdale, Ariz., for the 42nd annual Robert M. Trueblood Seminars for Professors on March 8-10. The seminar is sponsored by the American Accounting Association, with support from the Deloitte Foundation, and promotes interaction between accounting faculty and practicing professionals.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access