Ernst & Young announced a strategic business relationship with business software provider Hortonworks to provide new data management offerings that leverage and extend Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) with EY’s data and information management services.
The relationship will focus on organizations that use open source project Hadoop for their data storage needs, combining that with EY’s expertise in:
- Storing large volumes of unstructured data for forward-looking and actionable intelligence
- Real-time collaboration and monitoring of information to drive faster response and performance
- 360-degree views of customers so offerings can be tailored and service level agreements are based on customer segmentation
- The mining of data for insights to help clients increaser revenue, decrease cost and drive customer experience
"Many leading organizations are drowning in data, yet they lack the ability to analyze and drive value from the vast amount of information at their disposal," stated Scott H. Schlesinger, principal at Ernst & Young and EY Americas IT Advisory. "The alliance will enable EY and Hortonworks to assist organizations in driving value from their existing technology."
The relationship will involve EY’s emerging technology enablement, analytics and program management practices to deliver new offerings using HDP to support businesses data analytics efforts.
"Together, Hortonworks and EY are committed to helping enterprises around the globe manage big data and analytics for insight-driven decisions," stated Mitch Ferguson, vice president of business development at Hortonworks. "This alliance will strengthen EY's ability to implement enterprise-level big data software, including HDP, to turn data into an asset, further addressing the business and technology needs of organizations."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access