Financial Executives International, a 15,000-member trade group headquartered here, has compiled what it considers to be the top financial challenges for 2008.
According to FEI president Michael Cangemi, the top hurdles awaiting CFOs and other C-suite financial executives in no particular order are:
* Fair value/subprime crisis/derivatives;
* Global convergence of U.S. GAAP;
* Complexity in financial reporting;
* XBRL (extensible business reporting language);
* Business combinations;
* Internal controls;
* Health care;
* Corporate taxation;
* Rating agency regulation;
* IRS policy of restraint/privilege.
For more information, go to www.financialexecutives.org.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access