The International Accounting Standards Board and the Financial Accounting Standards Board have attracted a set of high-profile members from around the world to form an advisory group on the financial crisis.
The Financial Crisis Advisory Group will consider financial reporting issues arising from the global financial crisis. The group includes leaders from the fields of business and government with a broad range of experience in international financial markets.
The FCAG will be jointly chaired by former SEC Commissioner Harvey Goldschmid and Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets Chairman Hans Hoogervorst.
Other members of the advisory group include:
- John Bogle, founder, Vanguard, U.S.
- Jerry Corrigan, Goldman Sachs and former president of the New York Federal Reserve Bank, U.S.
- Fermin del Valle, former president, International Federation of Accountants, Argentina.
- Jane Diplock, chairman, IOSCO Executive Committee, New Zealand.
- Raudline Etienne, chief investment officer, New York State Common Retirement Fund.
- Stephen Haddrill, director general, Association of British Insurers.
- Toru Hashimoto, former chairman, Deutsche Securities Ltd., Japan.
- Nobuo Inaba, former executive director, Bank of Japan.
- Gene Ludwig, former Controller of the Currency, U.S.
- Yezdi Malegam, board member, National Reserve Bank of India.
- Klaus-Peter Müller, chairman of the supervisory board, Commerzbank, Germany.
- Don Nicolaisen, former chief accountant, Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S.
- Wiseman Nkuhlu, chairman of the audit committee, AngloGold Ashanti; former economic advisor to the President of the Republic of South Africa.
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, former finance minister, Italy.
- Lucas Papademos, vice president, European Central Bank.
- Michel Prada, former chairman, Financial Markets Authority, France.
- Basel Committee of Banking Supervisors;
- Committee of European Securities Regulators;
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors;
- Japan Financial Services Agency;
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Nelson Carvalho, chairman, IASB SAC, Brazil; and,
- Dennis Chookaszian, chairman, FASAC, U.S.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access