* 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy for Women - www.360financialliteracy.org/womenThis site includes FAQs, articles and tools on money management and financial planning targeted specifically at women and organized by life stages, as well as a feature called "Ask The Money Dr."
* Consolidated Credit Counseling Service - www.debtfree.org
Articles, worksheets and calculators to help those in debt set budgets, change spending habits and figure out how much their debts will cost in the long run. A monthly newsletter is also available.
* CPA Financial Literacy Resource Center - www.aicpa.org/
This American Institute of CPAs resource center is aimed at helping CPAs get involved in financial literacy efforts. It includes links to a free CPE course for CPA financial literacy volunteers and mobilization toolkits that include PowerPoint presentations for volunteer use in community literacy outreach efforts.
* Dinkytown Financial Calculators - www.dinkytown.net
The site, powered by KJE Computer Solutions, offers more than 250 financial calculators tailored to answer specific mortgage, loan, credit card, auto, investment, retirement savings, tax and personal finance questions. NASD has reviewed the majority of them.
* Gas Buddy - www.gasbuddy.com
All right, so it's not exactly an accounting Web site, but Gas Buddy can definitely help with financial planning when it comes to charting summer road trips. Just click on a state and enter your zip code to find user-reported prices for gas in your neck of the woods.
* Google Finance - http://finance.google.com
Google Finance is omnipresent search-engine company Google Inc.'s foray into the crowded financial information genre. Google's brain trust says the beta version, launched in March 2006, is just a start and won't carry ads, or offer original content, just yet.
* Investopedia.com - www.investopedia.com
Investopedia defines more than 4,500 finance and investment terms. Terms are explained in textbook style and in layman's terms.
* Value Your Money - www.valueyourmoney.org
The Texas Society of CPAs relaunched its consumer financial literacy Web site in March 2006, offering downloadable podcasts from TSCPA members, e-newsletter registration, and much more.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access