* 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy for Women - www.360financialliteracy.org/womenThis site includes FAQs, articles and tools on money management and financial planning targeted specifically at women and organized by life stages, as well as a feature called "Ask the Money Dr."
* Consolidated Credit Counseling Service - www.consolidatedcredit.org/
Articles, worksheets and calculators to help those in debt set budgets, change spending habits and figure out just how much their debts will cost in the long run. There's also a monthly newsletter.
* CPA Financial Literacy Resource Center - www.aicpa.org/financialliteracy/
This American Institute of CPAs resource center, aimed at helping CPAs get involved in financial literacy efforts, includes links to a free CPE course for CPA financial literacy volunteers, mobilization toolkits that include PowerPoint presentations for volunteer use in community literacy outreach efforts, and a list of state CPA society contacts for the 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy Effort.
* Google Finance - http://finance.google.com
Google Finance is omnipresent search-engine company Google Inc.'s foray into the crowded financial information genre. The Web site has some nifty bells and whistles, including stock price charts that allow users to plot the effect of news events. Google's brain trust says the beta version, launched in March 2006, is just a start and won't carry ads, or offer original content, just yet.
* Social Security's Future - www.socialsecurity.gov/qa.htm
With the potential colllapse of Social Security arising as one of the dominant campaign issues during the 2004 presidential election, the Social Security Administration dedicated a page on its Web site to answering many of the most pressing questions surrounding the 60-year-old federal retirement program.
* Value Your Money - www.valueyourmoney.org
The Texas Society of CPAs relaunched its consumer financial literacy Web site in March 2006, offering improved navigation according to a visitor's life stage, as well as downloadable podcasts from TSCPA members, e-newsletter registration and a real-time quick poll. A financial compatibility quiz is featured as part of the site's "Couples and Marriage" section.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access