Katherine Schipper, a recent member of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, has joined the advisory board for BNA’s recently launched Accounting Policy & Practice Series.
Schipper, an outspoken member of FASB during her five-year term, is currently the Thomas F. Keller Professor of Business Administration at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. She has also served on the faculties of the University of Chicago and Carnegie-Mellon University's Graduate School of Industrial Administration (now the Tepper School).
The BNA series includes detailed analysis in its Portfolios collection, as well as regular reports tackling specialty accounting topics.
Other members of the Accounting Policy and Practice Advisory Board include chief accounting officers from Eli Lilly and Co. and Corning Inc., as well as professors from Drexel University, the University of Michigan, the London School of Economics and Political Science, and advisory board chairman Peter Knutson, associate professor emeritus at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.
The board also includes:
- Former U.S. Comptroller General Charles Bowsher;
- Publisher of The Analysts' Accounting Observer Jack Ciesielski;
- Microsoft Corp. technical accounting and reporting director Bob Laux;
- Lucas Financial Reporting consultant Timothy Lucas;
- Grant Thornton International executive director of global standards, April Mackenzie;
- the retired managing partner of Andersen Worldwide, Robert Mednick; and,
- General Electric Co. operating controller John M. Morrissey.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access