The International Accounting Standards Committee Foundation and the International Accounting Standards Board have re-launched their Web site. In a statement, the organizations said that the redesign was focused on making it easier for users of financial reports to participate in the development of international financial reporting standards. The IASB is also continuing to develop its Web casting service -- individuals can now watch the board’s meetings live or listen after an event to any particular project discussion. Each project channel also includes meeting summaries and observer notes for each month’s discussions. Other developments include:
- A new home page identifying important developments, forthcoming meetings and access to products and services;
- Online observer registration for meetings;
- Online submission of comment letters;
- A dedicated news section with a press release archive and news search;
- An “Open to Comment” section alerting interested parties to recently published discussion papers, exposure drafts and IFRIC drafts;
- Project pages that include audio playbacks, narrative summaries and observer notes plus discussion papers, exposure drafts and comment letters;
- An RSS feed; and,
- An improved search function.
In the coming month, the groups will also introduce a new search function for comment letters and an email news service. The site is still located at www.iasb.org.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access