The International Accounting Education Standards Board is seeking comment on an exposure draft of its strategic plan for 2007-09.
An independent standard-setting board within the International Federation of Accountants, the board’s “Strategic and Operational Plan” contains proposals for its strategic direction, proposed projects and activities for the next three years.
The proposed strategy focuses on projects and activities aimed at promoting the measurable implementation of International Education Standards. The board proposes taking on three priority activities at the start of next year. These include:
- Conducting a fundamental review of the “Framework for International Education Statements,” considering developments in accounting education and the accountancy profession as a whole since the statements were first written;
- Developing a benchmarking methodology to help IFAC members and others achieve the measurable implementation of education standards; and,
- Reviewing existing education standards to determine areas where the clarity of standards could be improved or additional guidance could most usefully be developed.
Comments on the exposure draft, which can be viewed online at www.ifac.org/EDs, are due by Feb. 28, 2007.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access