Earlier this year, the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) announced their 2017 Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Video Contest, in which teams of students and young professionals were urged to submit original short films (30 seconds to 2 mins. in length) on the CMA certification and how it impacts people's lives. This year, teams were assigned the theme of "You’ve Got to Earn it."
This week, it was announced that "I Will Earn It (The Road to Becoming a CMA)," produced by a Philippines-based team, was chosen as the grand prize winner. The winning entry was determined following the IMA’s panel of judges reviewing all submissions and selecting finalists, which were then featured on the Institute's Facebook page. The winning entries were determined by the number of likes each video received.
The Grand Prize team - comprised of Patricia Adora Alcala, Fernando Tiu Jr., Alexis Paul Rodriguez, Angelo Manzano, and Monique Eballat - will receive $2,500, as well as travel costs to attend the IMA's Annual Conference in Denver from June 17 - 21. Team members will also receive the Wiley CMAexcel CMA Review Course Scholarship, worth $1,795.
The contest's runner-ups are as follows:
- Second Place: "CMA Rap" (Dr. Gregory Kaufinger, Dominic Martin, Zach Whitaker, Nick Smith, Logan Hauer)
- Third Place: "You've Got to Earn It" (Dylan Shaffer, Jacob Nikituk, Michael Coutinho, Christine Barthen)
- Fourth Place: "Financial Pros" (Chance Harris, Catherine Harris, Haley Harris, Matt Kornely)
All runner-ups will receive the Wiley CMAexcel Online Intensive Review with CMA Test Bank Scholarship, as well as $1,500, $1,000, and $500 respectively.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access