Intuit has been closely monitoring congressional and IRS activity on the tax extension legislation passed by Congress late Thursday night and said it has completed various scenario plans and programmed its professional tax software applications to be prepared for all the latest tax law changes.
President Obama is expected to sign the tax legislation into law on Friday (see House Passes Extension of Bush Tax Cuts and Unemployment Benefits).
“We realize that the last-minute tax legislation is causing confusion among tax professionals,” said Jill Ward, senior vice president and general manager of the Intuit Accounting Professionals Division, in a statement. “Now that Congress has reached a deal and the bill has been sent to the President, Lacerte, ProSeries and ProLine Tax Online will be ready with timely updates in response to legislation changes.”
To give tax professionals peace of mind about how changes in the legislation will be handled in their tax preparation products, Intuit has created online resource pages with the most up-to-date information:
• ProSeries: http://my.proseries.intuit.com/support/document.aspx?id=GEN80329.
• Lacerte: http://my.lacerte.intuit.com/support/document.aspx?id=GEN80330
• Intuit ProLine Tax Online: http://accountant.intuit.com/support/prolinetaxonline/document.aspx?id=GEN80331
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access