In 2013, Intuit launched the QuickBooks Online Certification program to train ProAdvisors to advise small businesses. Next month, the software provider is introducing a new and improved version of this program, based on customer feedback.
The new QuickBooks Online Certification and Training program will first roll out in the United States in March; Australia, Canada and United Kingdom releases will follow.
- A redesigned ProAdvisor tab in QuickBooks Online Accountant is meant to provide easy access to ProAdvisor benefits, such as ProAdvisor support, exclusive discounts, and resources to educate clients. The revamped training and certification section provides on-demand training and certifications to learn, get certified, and track progress all in one place.
- The scenario-based learning has been updated to be more situational and scenario-based to provide better learning and preparation for the certification exam. The new recommended certification path also includes an optional “Introduction to QuickBooks Online for Accountants” training course for ProAdvisors who are new to QuickBooks Online.
- The recertification process has been simplified. Currently, QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisors must take the full certification exam each year to maintain certification status. Starting next month, QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisors will instead complete a shorter recertification exam each year focused on what has changed in QuickBooks Online since the prior exam. An optional “What’s New” training will also be available to help ProAdvisors prepare for the recertification exam.
- The new recertification exam will be available in March, and the common annual renewal date for recertification will be July 31. All Current QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisors must complete the recertification exam by this date to maintain their Certification status.
- New specialty training will be available to help expand accounting professionals’ expertise across the ecosystem of QuickBooks products and services. The first offering, QuickBooks Self-Employed, will help serve Schedule C clients more effectively and efficiently.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access