With the slightly later Tax Day now past, the Internal Revenue Service is still accepting extension requests, for a six-month reprieve, through E-file.

"If you haven't finished your return, don't panic," said IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson, in a statement last week. "Just file an extension, either by E-file or by mail."

Register or login for access to this item and much more

All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.

Community members receive:
  • All recent and archived articles
  • Conference offers and updates
  • A full menu of enewsletter options
  • Web seminars, white papers, ebooks

Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access