The Internal Revenue Service announced that many of its services will be unavailable over the Labor Day weekend, to accommodate an annual power outage and electric upgrades at its Martinsburg facility.
The outage will last from 1 a.m. ET on Thursday, August 30, to 12 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Sept. 4. It will allow the installation of a new power grid, as well as routine operation and maintenance programs.
The following services will be unavailable for most or all of the period:
• All toll-free services, including the e-help desk and the Practitioner Priority Service;
• The e-Services suite, including Disclosure Authorization, Transcript Delivery and TIN Matching (beginning Friday afternoon); and,
• Modernized e-file and the Legacy systems (beginning Friday afternoon).
Taxpayer Assistance Centers will keep their regular business hours, but will have limited access to taxpayer account information, and will only be able to accept non-cash payments.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access