J.H. Cohn LLP has announced firm revenues of $175.2 million for its 2007 fiscal year, up 22 percent from the same period a year ago.
Chief executive Thomas J. Marino said in a statement that the 89-year-old firm is continuing its tradition of working to provide midsized businesses with the highest-quality partner-level accounting and consulting services.Other achievements that the firm highlighted were:
- Aggressive recruiting and additions to the management team – J.H. Cohn added 16 partners and principals to its executive leadership team last year, bringing its total to 107. Counting new hires at all levels, the firm’s total headcount grew by more than 9 percent, to 741 employees.
- Growth through acquisition – In August 2006, the firm completed a merger with midsized accounting firm Mintz Rosenfeld & Co. Inc, through which J.H. Cohn picked up 2,000 clients across New York and New Jersey. The deal also boosted the firm’s real estate, entertainment, high-net-worth individuals and medical-related accounting and consulting services.
- Targeted focus on growth in niches – In FY07, J.H. Cohn dramatically expanded its Business Investigative Services practice with a number of client wins, and, in September 2006, added Cohn Healthcare Consulting Services to its lineup of client services.
J.H. Cohn also unveiled its first multimillion-dollar advertising campaign, specifically designed to support the Firm’s continued dominance in the New York metro area and reaffirm its leadership position among public and midsized companies. Featuring New York Yankees Manager Joe Torre, the six-ad series, was tagged with the unifying theme, “How Are You Managing?” The firm also unvield a new easy-to-navigate Web site, at www.jhcohn.com, which focuses on clients’ needs while demonstrating the firm’s capabilities and areas of specialization.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access