J.H. Cohn LLP announced a 12 percent increase in revenues for its fiscal year ended Jan. 31, 2006. Revenues increased to $144 million.
"This past year, we positioned ourselves to leverage all of the positive events in the marketplace, and our business has never been better at the firm," said chief executive Thomas J. Marino, in a statement. "The landscape in the accounting profession continued changing in our favor as significant midsized companies turned to a firm of our size due to our depth and breadth of our services."
Marino characterized the firm's growth as being organic, growing out of J.H. Cohn's delivery of services to midsized companies.
Other highlights for the company included:
- Growth of its corporate governance services, with more than 125 professionals at J.H. Cohn being involved with the practice;
- Continued development of an industry focus in the manufacturing, distribution, retailing, construction, SEC, health care, real estate, not-for-profit, entertainment, law firms and financial services arenas; and,
- The addition of 12 new partners.
J.H. Cohn ranked No. 20 on Accounting Today's 2005 list of Top 100 Firms .
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access