KPMG announces 2018 'Data and Analytics' master's program
Big Four firm KPMG announced on Wednesday the 2018-2019 class for its Master of Accounting with Data and Analytics Program.
Originally created via a partnership with Ohio State University's Max M. Fisher College of Business and the Villanova School of Business back in 2016, the master's program looks to "develop accountants in the data age," according to the program's mission statement, by mixing a D&A curriculum with KPMG's analytics technology and problem-solving.
"We're matching new technologies to audit professionals who must be future-ready and know how to use these new tools effectively," stated Frank Casal, KPMG vice chair of audit. "These talented individuals have a thirst for learning and critical thinking skills, exactly the characteristics needed in this environment of tremendous change and disruption and to deliver high quality audits."
This year's class of 135 students will receive full tuition funding, an internship on a KPMG audit/tax team, and a full-time position upon graduation via an "advanced entry" program.
"Future business leaders must be able to harness and analyze the data in a company's tax filings to help increase efficiency, reduce risk and create value across an entire organization," said Jeffrey LeSage, KPMG vice chair of tax, per a statement. "This program provides them with hands-on experience with D&A and the opportunity to build advanced skills they can bring to our clients."
Schools participating in the 2018-2019 program include:
- Arizona State University's W. P. Carey School of Business
- Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business
- The Ohio State University Max M. Fisher College of Business
- The University of Georgia's Terry College of Business
- The University of Mississippi's Patterson School of Accountancy
- The University of Missouri's Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business
- The University of Southern California, Leventhal School of Accounting
- Villanova School of Business
- Virginia Tech's Pamplin College of Business
The application for the 2019-2020 program is now open on KPMG's site here.