KPMG has partnered with Okta, which provides single sign-on capabilities across platforms, to strengthen its client cybersecurity offerings.
The Big Four firm plans to use the alliance to design, implement and automate identity and access management processes using Okta’s cloud identity platform, the Okta Identity Cloud. The goal is to help clients manage, control, and secure enterprise and consumer access, while identifying areas for cost savings.
The Okta Identity Cloud capabilities include:
- Single sign-on for cloud and on-premises apps;
- Risk-based, multifactor authentication;
- Automated provisioning to create accounts for new employees; and
- The ability to embed Okta as the identity layer of an app for customer identity and access management, or customize Okta for other use cases.
The Okta Identity Cloud also provides access to 5,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers.
Charlie Jacco, principal at KPMG Cyber Security Services, said in a statement that the alliance is “accelerating KPMG’s status as a leading cyber security firm with the ability to help clients protect information as they pursue new digital interactions and enhanced productivity in the cloud.”
Okta shares rose 31 percent in February, based on positive analyst coverage and a strong preliminary earnings report.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access