Three new members have joined the Internal Revenue Service’s Advisory Committee on Tax-Exempt and Government Entities.
The ACT advises the IRS on operational policy and procedural improvements and will present reports and recommendations to IRS leadership at a June 7 public meeting.
The committee includes external stakeholders and representatives who deal with employee retirement plans; tax-exempt organizations; tax-exempt bonds; and federal, state, local and Indian tribal governments.
The three new ACT members are:
- CPA Michael Engle, of Kansas City, Mo., who has experience with exempt organizations and governmental entities on various tax issues including employment tax. He has direct experience working with non-profit hospitals and colleges and universities. Actively involved with the American Institute of CPAs, Engle serves on the BKD LLP Nonprofit Committee of Top 100 Firm BKD LLP, and is the leader of the firm’s Health Care Committee.
- CPA Jean Swift, of Mashantucket, Conn., a tribal leader with diverse experience in business management, administration and establishing strategic partnerships. She is also a certified credit union financial counselor and currently treasurer of the first Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Council.
- Andrew Lipkin, of New York, an attorney and now senior tax counsel for New York City, with management responsibility for other attorneys. He provides counsel to his employer, and is familiar with issues affecting federal, state and local governments.
New members will begin three-year terms and join seven returning members.
The following ACT members will continue on the committee through June 2018: Susan Bernstein, of Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP; Judith Boyette, of Hanson Bridgett LLP; Natasha Cavanaugh, of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; David Danenfelzer, of the Texas State Affordable Housing Corp.; Marcelino Gomez; William Johnson, of First Southwest Asset Management; and Cindy Lott, of Columbia University’s School of Professional Studies.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access