Indianapolis — The National Society of Accountants has elected a slate of new officers, district governors and state directors at its 68th Annual Meeting in Indianapolis.
The following officers were installed on the NSA Executive Committee for 2013-2014:
• President – Steven J. Hanson, CPA, EA, Cokato, Minn.
• First Vice President – Marilyn M. Niwao, CPA, ATA, JD, Wailuku, Hawaii
• Second Vice President – Kathy R. Hettick, EA, ABA, ATP, RTRP, Enumclaw, Wash.
• Secretary-Treasurer – Brian L. Thompson, CPA, Little Rock, Ark.
Governors for NSA Districts II, IV, VI, VIII, and X were elected to the NSA Board of Governors for two-year terms ending in 2015. Elected to terms as governors were:
• Milton “Sandy” Martin, Jr., ATP, ARA, RTRP (District I), Exeter, N.H.
• William R. Silzer, ABA, ATP (District III), Sterling, Va. (Second Term)
• Jim Weickgenant, EA, ATA, (District V), Baraboo, Wis.
• Joel Grandon, LPA, EA, (District VII), Marion, Iowa
• Bernadette Koppy, EA, ABA, ATA, (District IX), Fairbanks, Alaska
State directors stood for election and re-election in Districts II, IV, VI, VIII, and X.
Elected to first terms as state directors were:
• Andrew Piernock, Jr., ATP (Pa. – District II)
• Kwame Michel, ATP, RTRP (Ga. – District IV)
• Roger H. Jacobs, CPA, EA, ATA, ABA (Fla. – District IV)
• Dannette Daigle, EA, ARA (La. – District VIII)
• Marchelle Foshee, CPA (Ark. – District VIII)
• Jamie Nolen-McElyea, ABA, ATP (Okla. – District VIII)
• Lloyd H. Thelemann, CSA (Texas – District XIII)
Re-elected for second and additional terms as state directors were:
• Sharron M. Cirillo, LPA, ABA, ATP (Del. – District II)
• James Alfred Johnson (N.Y. – District II)
• Joseph J. Mesquita, PA, ATA, ATP (N.J. – District II)
• Warren Hilson, LPA (Ala. – District VI)
• Curtis Banks Lee, Jr., ATA, ATP (N.C. – District IV)
• Pamela C. Stamps, CPA (Miss. – District VI)
• Debra J. Cope, CPA, ATA, ATP (Tenn. – District VI)
• Mae Yee, CPA (N.M. – District VIII)
• Joanne Elsen , CPA (Ariz. – District X)
• Morris Miyabara, EA, ATA (Calif. – District X)
For more information, visit www.nsacct.org.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access