CPA Dennis Scott was elected to a second term as president of the National Conference of CPA Practitioners during the organization’s 28th annual conference, held in Philadelphia in mid-October.New members of the Board of Directors for 2006-07 were also announced during the conference.
Scott is a partner in the firm of Gruver, Zweifel & Scott LLP CPAs, in Oneonta, N.Y. He has served two terms as vice president of the national organization and during the past 20 years has served on numerous committees for both NCCPAP and the New York State Society of CPAs.
CPA Walter D. Smith, a partner at Smith Wegner CPAs and Consultants, a full service CPA firm in Baraboo, Wis., will serve as executive vice president. CPA William G. Bostick is a partner with the firm of Bostick, Murphy & Co. CPAs PC, located in Mount Kisco, N.Y., and a founder of Asset Preservation Ltd., a corporation that acts as a qualified intermediary to assist taxpayers with deferred Section 1031 exchanges.
Other elected officers include:
- Vice president Karen Giunta, a CPA who has her own practice based in Hicksville, N.Y. She specializes in small businesses and individual taxation, with the majority of her clients retirees from Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Vice president Todd D. Newman, a CPA who was elected to a sixth term as vice president. He is a practicing CPA in his own firm, located in Carmel, N.Y.
- Secretary Lana Kupferschmid, a CPA, was elected as secretary. Kupferschmid is the owner of the firm Kupferschmid & Associates, with locations in Hillsdale, N.J., and New City, N.Y.
- Treasurer Andrew L. Hult has been a CPA in public practice for twenty years. Six years ago he left Owen Peterson, where he had served as technical manager and partner, to form a sole proprietorship.
Four CPAs were also named directors.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access