The IRS Statistics of Income program has released data on taxpayers who hold IRAs, private foundations, tax-exempts and other categories.
The Tax Year 2013 IRA tables detail the total fair market value for IRAs, the number of taxpayers receiving distributions, and total contributions to the various types of IRAs. The data are categorized by size of adjusted gross income, age of taxpayer, type of IRA plan and amount of contribution.
Other data released by the program include:
- Microdata files and tables based on data from a sample of Tax Year 2013 Forms 990-PF, Return of Private Foundation: The microdata (in XML and ASCII flat files) are organization-level data from SOI’s annual study of private foundations and charitable trusts. The four tables include estimates for number of returns, income statement and balance sheet items, excise tax on net investment income and charitable distribution information.
- Four tables on tax-exempt organizations (excluding private foundations) in 2013: The tables contain balance sheet, income statement and functional expense data from Forms 990 and 990-EZ filed by organizations exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) through (c)(9). Data are classified by total end-of-year assets and IRC section.
- A table presenting calendar 2015 data (https://www.irs.gov/uac/soi-tax-stats-domestic-private-foundation-and-charitable-trust-statistics) for charities, private foundations and split-interest trusts reporting excise taxes, which includes information on the types and amounts of excise taxes reported based on information from Forms 4720.
- One new table presenting data from 8822-A, “Withholding on Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests”: The table presents sales of U.S. real property and tax withheld as reported on 8288-A by country of residence for Tax Year 2013, and includes the number of returns, sales price, and tax withheld.
- One table from the Interest-Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation Study: The table includes data from 1120-IC-DISCs and includes statistics for the number of returns, assets, receipts, income, deductions and total export gross receipts for Tax Year 2012.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access