The IRS has announced the new members of its Advisory Council and its Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee.
Eight new members join the IRSAC, which provides an organized public forum for IRS officials and representatives of the public to discuss key tax administration issues.
The new members include:
- Estarre Fischer, CPA, a partner with Top 100 Firm Moss Adams in Everett, Wash., with primary responsibility for consulting services regarding tax treatment of R&D expenditures, among other areas.
- Neil Fishman, CPA, vice-president and co-owner of Fishman Associates in Boynton Beach, Fla., specializing in federal, state and local corporate, partnership, fiduciary, gift, estate, not-for-profit and personal income tax returns.
- Walter Pagano, a CPA and tax partner with Top 100 Firm EisnerAmper in New York, with a concentration in tax controversy examinations and investigations, commercial and civil litigation, accounting investigations, internal investigations, financial statement omissions, misrepresentations and fraud.
- Thomas Cullinan, a partner with Sutherland Asbill & Brennan in Atlanta and a member of Sutherland’s Tax Practice Group;
- Patricia Atwood, an accredited senior appraiser in the field of personal property;
- Eunkyong Choi, a lecturer in law and supervising attorney for Washington University School of Law’s Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic in St. Louis;
- John McDermott, an attorney/partner with Taylor, Porter, Brooks & Phillips in Baton Rouge, La., who primarily practices in tax planning and advice; and,
- Donald Read, an attorney certified as a taxation law specialist and a former attorney-adviser in the Treasury Department’s Office of Tax Legislative Counsel.
The 2015 IRSAC chairman is Fred Murray, managing director of tax accounting, risk advisory and international tax services for Top 100 Firm Grant Thornton in Washington, DC.
Six new members also join the IRS Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee for three-year terms:
- Marcia Miller, EA, president and CEO of Financial Horizons Inc. in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and founder of Financial Horizons, Inc. She is an author and speaker focusing on tax management, planning and health-care reform.
- Robert Limerick, managing director for the global information reporting group of Big Four firm PricewaterhouseCoopers in New York. He is a tax attorney specializing in tax withholding and information reporting.
- Nina Tross, executive director of the National Society of Tax Professionals in Vancouver, Wash., a tax professional for 20 years.
- Emily Rook, a consultant with Circle Financial Services in Hoffman Estates, Ill., and 40-year veteran of the accounting and payroll industries;
- Scott Wilkens, manager of information and payroll tax reporting at Lincoln Financial Group in Greensboro, N.C.; and,
- Keith King, a senior vice-president and tax executive at Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C.
The 2015 IRPAC chair is Mary Kallewaard, principal and co-founder of COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions in Ann Arbor, Mich.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access