The New York State Society of CPAs plans to hold a conference next month on international accounting standards.
The NYSSCPA's Foundation for Accounting Education will host the conference at its conference center at 3 Park Avenue in New York City on Wednesday, October 29.
The conference is designed to introduce International Financial Reporting Standards financial statements as an alternative to U.S. generally accepted accounting principles. The conference will include presentations on:
· Introduction to IFRS with William Stocker, CPA, Partner, Marks Paneth & Shron LLP
· IFRS Implentation – Implications and Approach with Tom Omberg, CPA, Partner, Deloitte & Touché LLP and Sherif Sakr, CPA, Senior Manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP
· Derivatives and Hedging with Michael Gaiso, CPA, KPMG Accounting Advisory Group
· Equity Method Accounting and Join Ventures with Margaret A. Wood, CPA a member of the Professional Standards Group at Grant Thornton
· Financial Asset Derecognition with Naveed Rafique, CPA, an IFRS specialist at PricewaterhouseCoopers
· Financial Instruments—Recognition and Measurement with Michael Gaiso, CPA, KPMG Advisory Group
· Revenue Recognition with George Victor, CPA, a partner with Holtz Rubenstein Reminick.
For more information, visit www.nysscpa.org under Continuing Education.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access