Oregon Society of CPAs holds second annual 'Day of Service'
The Oregon Society of CPAs organized the second annual CPA Day of Service last month, held September 22 to 23. The Day of Service once again saw Oregon professionals not only serve their communities, but also raise awareness of the accounting profession throughout the state.
A total 129 volunteers representing 14 firms and business participated this year, helping organizations throughout Oregon and southwest Washington. This represented a significant boost in manpower from the inaugural event's staff of 71 CPAs.
The following is a full list of participating firms, their number of volunteers, and the organizations they assisted:
- Alten Sakai & Company (14 volunteers) – Oregon Food Bank, Beaverton
- Dee Clingan of Clingan Accounting & Tax Services – SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives), Vancouver, Wash.
- Lisa Wood of Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission – Clackamas County OMMP
- Deloitte (8 volunteers) – SOLVE (Wildside Boardwalk and Trails, Gresham)
- Grove, Mueller, & Swank (26 volunteers) – United Way of Mid-Willamette Valley/Salem Free Clinics
- Gulde & Ortquist (19 volunteers) – SnowCap Community Charities, Portland
- Isler of Klamath Falls (14 volunteers) – Klamath-Lake Counties Food Bank, Klamath Falls
- Joann Cleckner of Joann Z Cleckner CPA – Compass House, Medford
- Lindquist (4 volunteers) – SOLVE (South Waterfront Cleanup, Portland)
- Tim Downing of Lovett & Corzatt – Corbett High School, Corbett
- McDonald Jacobs (12 volunteers) – Oregon Food Bank, Portland
- OPGCPA (10 volunteers) – Grant County, Oregon
- Oregon Society of CPAs South Coast Chapter (9 volunteers) – Egyptian Theatre, Coos Bay
- Sand’s Solutions (4 volunteers) – Oregon Food Bank, Portland
For more on the Oregon Society of CPAs, head to their site here.